Two Day Conference
Growing old with purpose and maintaining control of our lives is surely the ultimate challenge that most of us will face. How we help others to do this is imperative. This is one conference you must not miss. It includes:
- Are medicines a help or a hindrance?
- How can we assist a person to remain independent for as long as possible?
- What are the current hot topics in aged care?
- What is elder abuse and what are the mandatory reporting requirements?
- Which common medical problems impair independence?
- What does ‘quality of life’ mean for the older person?
- What are advance care directives?
- How can you attune your care to the wishes of the person?
Featured Session - Paul Tait
Pharmacological Approaches to Symptom Management in End of Life
The end of life brings with it potentially distressing signs and symptoms, and the management of these symptoms is needed to improve the patient’s quality of life. This session will discuss core palliative medicines and includes:
- Types of medications used for managing the terminal phase
- Possible challenges when caring for people in the terminal phase
- Useful resources for caring with people with palliative care needs
Cost - $629.00 (two days)