4th October 2016
Country Referral Unit (CRU) has returned to its usual operational strategies as of today 4th October 2016. All referrals can resume being faxed and or emailed and calls received through our 1800 numbers.
Country Home Link 1800 258 688
Community Health 1800 003 307
Country Referral Unit would like to express our sincere appreciation to everyone for your support and flexibility to manage the operational changes over the last few days.
12 September 2016
The Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) Review Taskforce’s Clinical Committees has released six Clinical Committee reports and the First Report of the MBS Principles and Rules Committee for public consultation.
The reports released for public consultation include:
- First report of the MBS Principles and Rules Committee
- Report from the Gastroenterology Clinical Committee
- Report from the Obstetrics Clinical Committee
- First report from the Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Committee – Low Back Pain
- Second report from the Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Committee – Bone Densitometry
- Report from the Thoracic Medicine Clinical Committee
- First report of the Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery Clinical Committee on Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy & Insertion of Grommets
13 July 2016
As part of Country SA PHN's objective to improve access to primary mental health services for rural South Australias, five preferred providers have been selected to deliver general mental health services to communities across the country region.
The successful organisations, which were selected following a competitive tender process, include:
- Country and Outback Health - providing service to Yorke and Northern, Eyre and Flinders, Far West and Outback regions;
- Murray Mallee General Practice Network - providing services to Murray Mallee region;
- Northern Health Network - providing services to Barossa and Gawler regions;
- Riverland Division of General Practice - providing services to Riverland and Limestone Coast regions; and
- Summit Health - providing services to the Adelaide Hills and Fleurieu, and Kangaroo Island regions.
27th February 2016
Country SA PHN and headspace invite Expressions of Interest (EOIs) to operate headspace Port Augusta.
A detailed information session for headspace Port Augusta will be held from:
3:30pm on Monday 7 March 2016 at the Standpipe Golf Motor Inn, 1 Daw Street, Cnr Eyre Hwy & Stuart Hwy, Port Augusta. The Session will be held in the Charles Chappel Meeting Room.
The session will detail the lead agency role and key aspects of consortium participation.
Visit www.headspace.org.au/EOI for submission information and all documents relating to the EOI.
Submissions close Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 5:00 pm (AEDT).
26th November 2015
South Australians will see significant benefit following today’s announcement on mental health funding by Federal Health Minster Sussan Ley.
That’s according to both the Adelaide PHN and the Country SA PHN which have jointly welcomed the decision.
“Everyone agrees that as a nation we must do better in the way we help people with mental health issues and I absolutely believe that this decision will deliver substantial improvements,” said Adelaide PHN CEO Deb Lee.
“Administering mental health locally means we will be better able to address what are complex individual problems, services will be better integrated and we will be more reactive to local needs. We’ll be able to innovate to make the system more responsive, more focussed and more effective.”