18th October 2016
The department is seeking applications from organisations to deliver targeted priority Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) services across Aged Care Planning Regions.
Growth funding enables the sector to respond to the changing aged care needs of CHSP clients and align with the growth in Australia’s ageing population.
17th October 2016
The NMBA has become aware that there are a small number of registered nurses, enrolled nurses and midwives who are promoting anti-vaccination statements to patients and the public via social media which contradict the best available scientific evidence. The NMBA is taking this opportunity to make its expectations about providing advice on vaccinations clear to registered nurses, enrolled nurses and midwives.
14th October 2016
As you may already know, Tranche 2 of APNA’s Transition to Practice Pilot Program is getting underway in April 2017.
Applications will open 28 October and close 23 December 2016.
APNA is looking for applications from two types of nurses:
- Nurses who are new to primary health care or
- Nurses who want to become clinical and professional mentors to nurses new to primary health care
19th September 2016
Existing and prospective providers of Australian Government-funded aged care services are invited to apply for new residential aged care places, Short-Term Restorative Care places and capital grants.
Applications for the next Aged Care Approvals Round (ACAR) open at 12:01am (AEST) on 19 September 2016. All applications must be received by the department by 11:59pm (AEST) Friday 28 October 2016.
13th October 2016
AIP members please note the following regarding The National Shingles Vaccination Program.
The National Shingles Vaccination Program will commence from 1 November 2016.
Key Messages for the Program
People eligible to receive the free shingles vaccine include:
- People aged 70 years of age as an ongoing program.
- People aged 71-79 years of age as a catch-up program until 31 October 2021.
People who are not eligible to receive the vaccine as part of the program can purchase the vaccine on the private market.
4th October 2016
Country Referral Unit (CRU) has returned to its usual operational strategies as of today 4th October 2016. All referrals can resume being faxed and or emailed and calls received through our 1800 numbers.
Country Home Link 1800 258 688
Community Health 1800 003 307
Country Referral Unit would like to express our sincere appreciation to everyone for your support and flexibility to manage the operational changes over the last few days.
12 September 2016
The Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) Review Taskforce’s Clinical Committees has released six Clinical Committee reports and the First Report of the MBS Principles and Rules Committee for public consultation.
The reports released for public consultation include:
- First report of the MBS Principles and Rules Committee
- Report from the Gastroenterology Clinical Committee
- Report from the Obstetrics Clinical Committee
- First report from the Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Committee – Low Back Pain
- Second report from the Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Committee – Bone Densitometry
- Report from the Thoracic Medicine Clinical Committee
- First report of the Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery Clinical Committee on Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy & Insertion of Grommets
13 July 2016
As part of Country SA PHN's objective to improve access to primary mental health services for rural South Australias, five preferred providers have been selected to deliver general mental health services to communities across the country region.
The successful organisations, which were selected following a competitive tender process, include:
- Country and Outback Health - providing service to Yorke and Northern, Eyre and Flinders, Far West and Outback regions;
- Murray Mallee General Practice Network - providing services to Murray Mallee region;
- Northern Health Network - providing services to Barossa and Gawler regions;
- Riverland Division of General Practice - providing services to Riverland and Limestone Coast regions; and
- Summit Health - providing services to the Adelaide Hills and Fleurieu, and Kangaroo Island regions.