12 September 2016
Medicare Benefits Review Taskforce first tranche committees consultations open
The Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) Review Taskforce’s Clinical Committees has released six Clinical Committee reports and the First Report of the MBS Principles and Rules Committee for public consultation.
The reports released for public consultation include:
- First report of the MBS Principles and Rules Committee
- Report from the Gastroenterology Clinical Committee
- Report from the Obstetrics Clinical Committee
- First report from the Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Committee – Low Back Pain
- Second report from the Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Committee – Bone Densitometry
- Report from the Thoracic Medicine Clinical Committee
- First report of the Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery Clinical Committee on Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy & Insertion of Grommets
This is an opportunity for the Australian public, including health professionals, to have their say about the recommendations proposed by the Clinical Committees. prior to consideration by the MBS Taskforce and then final recommendations being made to Government.
You can choose to complete one or more of the online surveys by Friday 7 October 2016.
The MBS Review Taskforce wants to hear your opinion on the recommendations and give you the chance to provide further evidence if you do not support the recommendations: MBS Review Taskforce Consultation.
Stakeholder input from the first two rounds of consultation has been critical in shaping the Review to date. It is important that this process is upheld throughout the Review.
Please share this link with your stakeholders to support engagement and encourage feedback to inform the review.
Further information is also available about the consultations including copies of the reports.
Please note on 6 September 2016, the MBS Review Taskforce released an Interim Report to the Minister for Health.