14 September 2016 - Communicable Disease Control Branch
SA Health has been notified of a case of measles in a 25 year old female from metropolitan Adelaide who had recently returned from south-east Asia. This case is not connected to the two cases of measles reported last week. The case was in the settings listed below whilst infectious:
- Hallett Cove Corner Surgery, 10 Ramrod Ave, Hallett Cove from 10:30am until 11:30am on Saturday 10th September
- Hallett Cove Chemplus, 45 Lonsdale Rd, Hallett Cove from 11:00am until 12:00 noon on Saturday 10th September.
- Seaford Day and Night Clinic, 238 Seaford Rd, Seaford from 7:30pm until 8:30pm on Sunday 11th September, and from 2:00pm until 3:00pm on Tuesday 13th September
- Clinpath Collection Centre, 5 Commercial Rd, Sheidow Park from 12:30pm until 13:30 pm on Monday 12th September
- Flinders Medical Centre emergency department from 11:00pm on Tuesday 13th September until 3:30am on Wednesday 14th September.
1 July 2016 - Communicable Disease Control Branch
SA Health has become aware that a batch (BK 119, expiry 11/2017) of Chlorofluor Gel® (Professional Dental Supplies) is contaminated with Burkholderia cepacia.
B. cepacia infections were noted in two patients in the same ward at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and a subsequent investigation seeking the source of infections has identified contamination of Chlorofluor Gel® with B. cepacia.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) is aware of the issue. A consumer level recall of the product is underway. For further information see https://www.tga.gov.au/alert/chlorofluor-gel.