Country SA PHN After Hours Grants
The Country SA PHN (CSAPHN) recently undertook a tender process for After Hours Innovation and After Hours Preventative Health Grants. The process is now complete and the successful applicants have been advised.
A number of high quality applications for both categories were received which demonstrates the interest of organisations prepared to participate in this space. We appreciate the effort that went into the applications and the quality of the content we received.
A robust evaluation process was undertaken by a panel who assessed all applications against the selection criteria and after hours key priority areas. Priority was given to those that provided a demonstrated need for the service or program and a plan for sustainability after the funding ceases.
The projects commenced on 1 July 2016 and will run until 30th June 2017.
Successful recipients of the After Hours Innovation Grants are:
- Northern Health Network – will be delivering after hours mental health consulting sessions in the Barossa and Gawler region.
- Matthew Flinders Home – are providing a 24/7 palliative care support and management program to clients, both in the Residential Aged Care Facility and those living at home in the wider Port Lincoln community.
- Summit Health – are delivering after hours mental health consulting sessions in Mt Barker.
- GP Care After Hours - Summit Health – as this organisation is ineligible for the After Hours PIP, this funding contributes towards an expansion of current after hours services in the Mt Barker region.
- Coober Pedy Pharmacy – will provide extended opening hours during the evenings, Saturday afternoons and public holidays to accommodate the large number of visitors to the remote town.
Successful recipients of the After Hours Preventative Health Grants are:
- Summit Health – will be delivering the Moving towards Wellness program which is a 6 week course that encourages people with a chronic disease to better manage their conditions and increase physical activity. They are also running the Knowing Emotional and Physical Pain (KEAP) program in Mt Barker, this is run over 2 weeks.
- RDGP – are delivering the 8 week Healthy Eating, Activity and Lifestyle (HEAL) program, which is an evidenced based lifestyle modification program throughout the Riverland and the South East regions.
- NEAMI National – are running Peer Health Coaching projects based in Victor Harbor, Murray Bridge and Kangaroo Island to support participants who are suffering or recovering from a mental illness to work on physical health related goals and increase their health literacy.
- Stirling Central Health Clinic – will be running Wellness Groups, which will address overweight and obesity in working adults aged 45-49 with a BMI >25. Groups will run over 6 weeks.
All of these preventative health programs will be held in the after hours period to provide greater accessibility for people who work or have family commitments during working hours. The programs will be held repeatedly throughout the 12 months.
Further After Hours Preventative Health Grants have been awarded to the following organisations to run programs from 1st January – 30th June 2017:
- Matthew Flinders Home – will be delivering subsidised respite care during the evenings and on weekends to community members with Dementia who do not have access to support services through any other means.
- Millicent Chemist and Giftware – will provide extended opening hours on Monday evenings to mirror the opening hours of the local general practice.
- Nuriootpa Medical Centre – will run COPD Clinics 2 evening per week with the focus on care planning and smoking cessation.
- Boston Bay Family Health Practice – are running a ‘Pure Balance Program’ which is focussing on patients mind, body and spirit with sessions facilitated by GPs, Psychologists, Personal Trainers, Practice Nurses and a Dietician.
- RDGP – were provided funding to develop and maintain a Service Directory for the Riverland region with the inclusion and promotion of after hours services.
- Millicent Medical Clinic – will be holding Obesity and Weight Loss Clinics to develop and maintain a health lifestyle, these will be supported by a Practice Nurse, Personal Trainer, Dietician and Cooking Teacher.
- Heritage Medical Centre – are conducting four separate projects at their Two Wells practice. They will hold COPD Clinic with a focus on smoking cessation, they will deliver the HEAL Program twice within the six month period. The RNs will provide after hours Health Checks for 45-49 year olds who are at risk of developing a chronic disease and also offer Pap Smear Clinics targeting those women who are overdue.
- Kangaroo Island Medical Clinic – will run Asthma Clinics, with a focus on developing Asthma Management Plans and device education.
- Whyalla NetCare – are running a digital monitoring project to investigate an alternative service model and the benefits for patients with Diabetes.
- Pangula Mannamurna Aboriginal Corporation – are runningealth Check after hours exercise group sessions with a personal trainer, including advice and education on diet and healthy eating to target obesity, weight loss and to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Kapunda & Eudunda Medical Practice - are holding fortnightly after hours clinics alternating the focus between Health Checks and Asthma Clinics. Monthly Pap Smear Clinics, and also fortnightly preventative screening skin check and excision clinics.
- Smiles All Round – Group Program: Managing anxiety and boosting resilience – will run a group program based approach for families and clients (0-18 years) to provide early intervention in the after hours period. They are also running workshops to educate parents, carers, educators and health professionals to be able to provide low intensity prevention and early intervention strategies on anxiety management and resilience in children.
To ensure you receive notification of the Expression of Interest you will need to be registered on Tenderlink https://www.tenderlink.com/countrysaphn/